The right understanding of project management team structure is necessary for managers and team leaders who need to start a new project with assembling a productive group of people. If you are assigned to building and managing a team, you need to get such an understanding. First of all, remember that a typical project management team consists of the following key participants:
- Project Manager who provides governance and guidance.
- Team Leader who determines the main direction of teamwork and coordinates group collaboration.
- Assistant who helps Team Leader with supervising Team Members.
- Team Members who perform tasks and follow guidelines stated by Team Leader.
- Sponsor who is a spokesperson to senior stakeholders and negotiates funding for projects.
Secondly, you need to find some software that allows managing your team members and their tasks. There are a large amount of team structures managed by team collaboration software that provides tools for coordinating group activities and needs. VIP Task Manager is a popular software solution that allows using collaboration tools to plan, manage, track and report tasks and jobs assigned to PM group members. VIP Task Manager can be used by managers and team leaders to acquire, assemble and manage productive teams.
- Decide on the key participants of your team.
- Assign project leader.
- Use VIP Task Manager as a daily tool for managing teamwork and tracking tasks.
- Go to Task Tree view in VIP Task Manager to create templates and checklists for planning daily collaborative activities.
- Use Report Builder in VIP Task Manager to make daily reports that can be submitted to sponsors.