Succession planning definition: it is a practice of designing the optimal successions between tasks & activities to reach the result with minimal resources spent. Basically, the model includes the following elements to consider:
- Building tasks between the points of initiation and finishing of every affair;
- Making sure that every task in the succession is absolutely necessary as a step to reach the result, so you define the critical path (eliminating excessive and wrong steps);
- Making sure that every task in the line is a doable activity that can be completed with one-time effort;
The purpose is quite clear and simple – it stands for analytical elaboration of every work or project to complete beforehand, so all work pieces can be done in step-by-step order, without deciding what to do next (this allows to economize a lot of time, and simplifies decision-making). Question of what succession planning strategies to use relies upon specifics of work that requires to be accomplished, so for example it could be reasonable for some cases to allow several checkpoints on the plan, and every such a point enables a set of scenario ramifications to be followed in different situations.
VIP Task Manager is a tool to realize any of best practices in your company, as this program is designed to plan, assign, schedule and control your successive or heterogeneous tasks in business or at the projects of various types. This is real-time teamwork software for planning, controlling and analyzing your workflow.
To design project successions of tasks – do the following:
- start your project workforce software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups to represent different stages of your project (Task Tree);
- set successions of your tasks on project’s every stage (set right order of tasks);
- plan and schedule tasks and project arrangements in terms of priorities, costs, time, etc;
- assign tasks to doers and track if they follow the plan;