In terms of employee task management, a task is a sequence of simple activities an employee follows to accomplish an expected objective. Using a good design helps managers to efficiently sequence activities and set up objectives of employee tasks. There are 3 general principles such as:
- Priority. This principle states that no task can be designed if there is no priority set for this task. When choosing which task to do first, employees are guided by priorities. That’s why there is a need to prioritize tasks.
- Assignment. This principle of task design theory requires assigning performers to tasks. Employees can be performers who are assigned to certain tasks.
- Duration. Every task has its start date and finish date so an employee needs to accomplish this task within a certain duration which actually means a difference between the finish date and start date.
You can develop your own guide based on these principles. With help of VIP Task Manager your employees can do their tasks and assignments in accordance with your guide. VIP Task Manager is a program for group collaboration. It lets you use technology tools (like templates, checklists, schedules, patterns) to prioritize, schedule and assign employee tasks.
- Use your favorite web search system to find more topics about the MTM theory.
- Download and install VIP Task Manager. Create a new database for tasks and projects.
- Use Task Tree view in VIP Task Manager to design templates, forms and project checklists.
- Share projects and forms between multiple users by setting user permissions.
- Use Calendar view to schedule tasks and develop work calendars.