It is a time management approach that promotes your ability to complete maximal possible amount of work during a certain period of time. Let’s consider what such an approach includes, through answering several questions:
- What is the importance of time management? It is very important in any sphere of our life as it enables us to complete more (to work with higher productivity) while staying within the same constraints of technology, costs and time, so it allows us to work better without acquiring better working tools, methods, etc.
- What is poor time management? This is a lack of rational and intelligent attitude to planning our time, and it can lead to extreme ineffectiveness even through large investments into tools, methods, business process, etc.
- What is good time management? This includes smart and skilful prioritization, estimating and evaluation of our workloads and tasks to create a well-composed schedule (plan) of activities to get completed during certain period of time.
- What is project time management? This is a discipline inside of the major practice, which requires taking a high-level overview of project’s timeline to define how accurately the estimated tasks and stages can be mapped out on calendar to meet realistic project timeframes.
- What is a time management plan? This is a plan of project work explained in terms of time. It can be managed with a help of program represented below:
With a help of VIP Task Manager you can perform time management in business by analyzing your tasks in terms of actual and planned parameters. This is real-time teamwork software for planning, controlling and analyzing your time and tasks on the projects and it can be used for applying different time management techniques.
To plan and analyze your time – do the following:
- start your time planning software;
- decide on a suitable technique to use;
- prioritize your tasks;
- plan and schedule tasks and arrangements in terms of costs, time, etc;
- control performance parameters;