Task Priority definition: It is one of the key features in task and time management, as it stands for rating your tasks by their values for you in order to build your action plans in regard to urgency and importance of your tasks. Priority management is a practice that every work planner should master and use to avoid wasting valuable resources (time, energy, labor, money, etc) at senseless activities, while the vital or just really important goals stay almost unserved.
In order to prevent situations when some minor tasks (even if they seem to be quite important at the moment) occupy too much attention and resources of their doers, time managers are offered to create and conduct their registers – prioritized to-do lists, organized in a manner when the most important tasks are put at the top of the list to be served in the first place.
There are different prioritization methods, while appropriate tools can be applied to simplify using of these methods in practice. Such a tool is task priority software, like VIP Task Manager that allows you to plan, assign, schedule and prioritize tasks in teams working at projects.
To prioritize tasks on the project – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups (Task Tree mode);
- set target dates of all tasks;
- assign tasks to performers;
- plan these tasks in terms of their costs, priorities, objectives, etc;
- Set Priorities suiting value of the tasks;
- control project execution in real-time regime;