CPI helps to estimate the effectiveness of your staff
When you compare the time that was scheduled to particular task and the time that this task actually took, you should make definite conclusions about the productivity of employee who the task was delegated to. Calculate the value of cost performance index (CPI), i.e. the ratio between task estimated and actual time, and you will see whether you have any problems with the time of task accomplishment and your staff productivity.
"Cost Performance Index calculation" To Do List
- When you assign the task to your employee, estimate the time that it may take, you can do it together with your team member
- When the task is accomplished, calculate the ration between its estimated and actual time
- Make proper conclusions in accordance with obtained value
- Use software to calculate task cost performance index
- Start your team management software
- Create new task custom fields 'Task actual time', 'Task estimated time' and 'CPI'
- Enter the value of 'Task actual time' and 'Task estimated time'
- Enter following formula into 'Task CPI' formula entry field
- Estimate the value of CPI
$cf_task_estimated_time / $cf_task_actual_time