Visual memory is more effective than oral one
Information is better conceived when it is described in a graphic form, because visual memory is more capacious than oral one. So, when you need to submit any data for consideration and there is no necessity to discuss precise numbers, but only general tendency, don't try to write out or memorize numerical information. Just diagram this data and your listeners will be able to see and remember trend of concerned question easily and avoid filling their head with useless numbers.
"Visualize the numbers" To Do List
- When you are preparing for the meeting and need to submit some statistics, avoid learning each number by heart or making an endless list of data
- Just map these data in a diagram form
- When it's time to present the information, it will be easily for you to recall it and comment basic tendency to your listeners using the charts
- Use software to diagram the information
- Start your task management software
- Create a new task group, e.g. "Orders"
- Create a new custom field, e.g. "Quantity", it may have type "integer"
- Create new task, e.g. "Order 1" and enter required quantity
- Set filter by this task group, plot the diagram and print it out