Project closeout document is designed at the final stage of the project lifecycle. Such kind of project management documentation allows stating that your project has been achieved the closeout stage and that it is time to review what the project has been delivered and whether expected results have been produced. In the literature on project management, you can read about basic examples of documents, including the next ones:
- Form. This document is also called "Project Completion Form" and signifies that the project product is produced and the customer can use the product. Project Closeout Form describes the product’s name, its descriptions and date of completion.
- Letter. It is also known as "Letter to Stakeholders" and states that the project is accomplished and results are produced. Project Closeout Letter is a formal appeal to project stakeholders notifying of project completion date.
There are other examples of project documents. As a successful project manager you need to know all possible project closeout list document examples in order to achieve excellence in managing projects and following project closeout best practices. PM software will help you plan, perform and close your work. VIP Task Manager is a great example of such software that lets manage tasks and coordinate document flows within projects. VIP Task Manager will help you follow the best practices of management.
- Run VIP Task Manager and access your database.
- Use Task Tree view, Task List view and Calendar to plan, manage and track your project.
- When your project comes to an end, you can create a task signifying the project’s end and then use Attachments panel to attach project closeout documents to the task.
- Your project team can access this task and review the documents.
- You can use "Send Tasks by Email" option to email the task and all the attached documents to stakeholders of your project.