Using project management daily reports allows managers and team leaders to get the full insight into project performance, review status information and then make decisions on improvements. Basically, status report is designed to notify supervisors and managers about the progress of ongoing tasks and processes. Since project status reporting is not an exact science, the content of such reports can vary in different companies. Meanwhile, there is a typical structure of templates. Below we give the key components of the structure:
- Project start date and completion date.
- Milestones to be passed on a daily basis.
- Percentage complete.
- Any accomplishments worth mentioning.
- Important meetings and discussions held on a daily basis.
- Any identified threats to performance.
- Descriptions of problems your team has encountered and resolved.
- Time or equipment limitations.
It is up to managers to decide on the content of project management daily reports. Some of the listed components can be removed or new information can be added. To design and manage project format it is convenient to use project management software. For example, you can try VIP Task Manager that features the reporting capability for building monthly/weekly reports and receiving status notifications.
- Decide on the content of your report form.
- Encourage your team in using VIP Task Manager to plan and manage daily tasks and assignments.
- Use the reporting capability of the software to make and share reports.
- You can use Notifications panel to receive project status reports.