There are a plenty of possible difficulties, obstacles and challenges that may rise against the project management. The major objective for project management, when facing any significant troubles, is to secure the main project’s constraints – approved schedule, quality requirements and budget. Let’s consider some possible hardships that a project management may suffer from:
- Difficult People – usually some difficult personalities may appear in the staff. They may oppose commonly accepted discipline, practices, and decision-making, they may try to contest competence of the project’s stakeholders, and create interpersonal problems. It is necessary to organize proper staff selection to screen out problematic candidates (who do not pass certain success criteria) at the entry.
- Difficult Situations – the project management needs to maneuver in a case of any unforeseen conditions to save the project mission and its resources, avoid project scope creep, budget or schedule overruns. To get ready against such problems, it is helpful to handle a good risks assessment practice that will give you proper backgrounds to prepare some reserves (pre-schedule time lags, assign reserve funds, etc).
- Difficult Customers – sometimes project management suffers from “difficult customers” – project owners who mismanage their part of work – they provide faulty, loose or obscure inputs (requirements, vision, information, etc), or tend to changing them while project is on the run. This may result into hard disputes about project’s outcomes and customer satisfaction. To protect yourself against this kind of trouble, you should accurately negotiate and contract all possible project requirements beforehand.
The software product which can be helpful when overcoming difficult times is VIP Task Manager, because it is used to plan your project tasks and objectives, helping you to secure the project scope and constraints. Using its assistance you can collaborate with your team throughout project to mitigate risks and avoid other issues.
To operate the project and its tasks – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- use Task Tree mode to set a suitable layout of project task groups;
- prioritize team tasks and add instructions on how to perform them;
- plan tasks in terms of priorities, costs, target dates, etc;
- assign tasks to performers and supervise execution in real-time regime;