Project management stakeholders (definition): the group of persons who play the critical roles in owing the project and moving its progress towards its successful completion. Project management stakeholder matrix is one of the key project documents outlining the owners of the major project positions such as project manager, sponsor, customer, etc. The function of project management stakeholder engagement can be characterized as “providing vital project resources”, for example:
- The project manager (PM) provides managerial and administrative resources;
- The project sponsor provides financial and political resources (sometimes also technological and other kinds);
- The project customer provides requirements and proactive supervising;
Project management stakeholder management is mainly a process of coordinating their positions and opinions to reach synergy providing the project with all-round support. These efforts can be managed with a help of special software that can be used for getting an overview of the project and collecting a variety of critical indicators showing project’s health and evolution.
VIP Task Manager is a program which can provide assistance on stakeholder analysis as it can be used by project planners and trackers for analyzing progress over the working plans in order to identify their evolution or defections.
For effective analyzing your project – do the following:
- start your PM software;
- organize your project on the Task Tree view;
- plan and schedule your tasks in terms of their time, costs, etc;
- assign tasks to employees and track performance;
- analyze results to know if your project meets the plan;