Stephen Covey’s time management quadrants are the tools for a better efficiency based on identifying the balance between urgency and importance of your tasks, so you can prioritize your work-related & personal activities better by dividing them into four essential categories:
1) Quadrant of Necessity (Urgent-Important);
2) Quadrant of Quality & Personal Leadership (Not Urgent-Important);
3) Quadrant of Deception (Urgent-Not Important);
4) Quadrant of Waste (Not Urgent-Not Important);
Owing to the fact that these quadrants were elaborated and recommended in his famous book called “7 habits of Highly Effective People”, they are often also called “7 habits time quadrants”. You can draw a matrix that will help you to manage the Quadrant of Necessity as best as you can, to focus on the Quadrant of Quality and Personal Leadership to achieve your goals faster, to be Careful with the Quadrant of Deception as it can slow progress towards reaching your goals, and Avoid the Quadrant of Waste as much as possible. Today the time management company called FranklinCovey develops and promotes time management quadrants along with other related goods.
With a help of VIP Task Manager you can manage your time quadrants in business by prioritizing your tasks as it is real-time teamwork software for planning, controlling and analyzing your time and tasks on the projects. It can be used for different time management techniques, as it provides sharable interface modes (Task List, Task Tree and Calendar).
To plan and analyze your project’s time – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable time management technique;
- prioritize your tasks;
- plan and schedule tasks and arrangements in terms of costs, time, etc;
- control performance parameters;