Developing time management reports is one of the most critical tasks within time management. Time management reporting involves using tools to create reports stating how many hours and minutes were consumed to perform specific tasks. By using such reports, you can consider whether your efforts to follow your schedules and timelines were efficient and what actions were wrong.
A typical report on time management represents the next information:
- Names of tasks and assignments
- Names of people assigned to tasks
- Estimated time and Actual time
- Time consumed
- Efficiency (Actual time vs. Estimated time)
These elements of a time management report template will help you measure time management efficiency and track how much working time were consumed. To develop a time management report sample, you will need to use a software program that combines time management with task planning.
VIP Task Manager is a task & time management program that includes tools for creating task reports. It features a report building tool that allows you to develop reports showing task names, users assigned to tasks, time spent on tasks and time planned. You can use Custom Fields functionality to design performance indicators that help measure efficiency of your time management effort.
- Use Task List view to plan tasks. Go to Calendar view to schedule tasks.
- When planning tasks, set Estimated Time and Actual Time.
- Set priorities for tasks.
- Use Custom Fields to create performance indicators. For example, you can create a custom field "Efficiency" by comparing Estimated Time and Actual Time of tasks.
- To create a report on time management, use Reports Editor.