The best way to manage a project is to divide this project into five project management processes and then perform each of the processes step by step. These processes are Initiate, Plan, Execute, Track and Close. To perform the processes you can use project management (PM) software.
PM software features scheduling tools that allow you to investigate five areas, plan time frames for each process and set durations for project phases. You can use templates and checklists created in PM software to plan the stages and steps. Your team will benefit from easier tracking of assignments and tasks because PM software allows sharing project data and sending notifications of any changes occurred in the process groups.
A good example of PM software is VIP Task Manager. The software can be used to initiate, plan, execute, track and close projects. You can try it for free – VIP Task Manager is a shareware solution available for free during 30 days.
- Start the software and log in your project database.
- Go to Task Tree view to plan your project and divide it into five phases.
- Use templates to simplify the planning process.
- Use Filter bar to easily track tasks of your project.
- Go to Task List view to manage your project.
- Use Report Builder to close your project and create a report on your PM steps.