Time management theories are used among businesses looking for better ways for time planning and usage. One or another theory offers specific tools and techniques that should help you be more organized and do tasks always on schedule. The major thesis of most theories is like the following: “Learn to plan and use your work hours to be more productive.” Multiple time management research examples prove that a person who follows this thesis is able to stick to schedule and do tasks spending fewer working hours. Employees of your small business can also benefit from using management theories.
For example, following the concept of Abraham Maslow’s time management theory your company will benefit from:
- Better employee focus and performance.
- Greater recognition of tasks and projects.
- Better attitude of employees to work results.
- Improved loyalty.
- Increased employee motivation and engagement.
To follow the concept of Abraham Maslow’s theory (or any other theory of time management) you’ll need to use a time planning & management program. For example, you can try VIP Task Manager.
VIP Task Manager offers a set of tools for scheduling working time, planning activities, tracking time usage and reporting employee performance. To evaluate and test this functionality for free, you can download an evaluation copy of this software.
- Start the software and create a new database.
- Access your database and go to Task List view to add new tasks.
- When editing a task, set Start date and Finish date.
- Switch to Scheduler to see your tasks on calendar view.
- Use Drag & Drop functionality to easily re-schedule tasks.