Different organizations may have different work planning style which depends on business specificity. Usually it is necessary to create schedule which can show tasks planned for week or month. It is necessary when team members need to be in touch with common project plan or to know what operations are appointed for them on current or/and next week (current or/and next month). Comprehensive schedule should view what tasks, when and by whom should be done. Ordinary team schedule is an on-wall calendar filled with tasks and events. Such traditional paper-based instrument can be made for each department or project team, or can be printed out personally for each employee (if corporate confidentiality requires this) and has a number of disadvantages. Paper-based scheduling system is inconvenient, complicated and slow for update.
VIP Task Manager is client-server work scheduling and reporting software. Owing to Scheduler (Calendar) mode it can be easily used as common team project schedule which can work in different time regimes, including Week and Month view regimes. Owing to flexible system of access rights, corporate confidentiality can be secured surely (team members will see only tasks which they are allowed to see).
To organize comprehensive team schedule for week or/and month you need to:
- start work planning software
- enter Scheduler (Calendar) mode
- switch to Week (Ctrl+2) and Month(Ctrl+3) view regimes
- select required resources (team members)
- create tasks on calendar
- set timelines for the tasks
- manage permissions to make employees able to see (edit, delete) tasks according to work rules
- Use Day view (if required) to specify tasks and their timelines for each day