Three small 'visiting hours' blocks vs. one big block?
When you establish 'visiting hours' policy for your staff, first decide how often it will be more effective for your company to have these visiting hours and when it is the best time for them. For example, you schedule one big interruption block at the end of the day. In this case the employee, who needs your help to solve some problems, has to wait till evening and procrastinates with his/her further work. The same situation arises if your 'visiting hours' block is assigned to the morning. The best solution for effective company work and collaboration is to schedule small visiting hours blocks three times a day in an equal time intervals.
'Visiting hours blocks' To Do List
- Discuss with your staff the most suitable time for 'visiting hours'
- Try to proportionally distribute them to the whole day in order to provide your staff with your help during the day
- Schedule interruptions and let your team remember when they can approach you with non-emergency problems and questions
- Use software to schedule regular visiting hours and keep your staff aware of them
- Start your scheduler software
- Create a new task 'Employee consulting'
- Make it recurring three times a day, for example, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Now your team members can check if you are available now or when you will be available, they need only to set filter and display your today schedule
- Continue doing your own tasks