Your work is not a monotonous and endless process
One of the reasons of procrastination is time-consuming task. Some of the tasks may seem so big that you even don't know if you'll ever be able to finish it. The picture of endless and boring working day devoting to this particular task appears in your mind. How to make yourself start the task after that? Remember that you don't have to work all day on this particular task. Give yourself permission to take a break. If you schedule breaks or other kinds of activity while accomplishing this task it will help you see that your work is not a monotonous and endless process. And it will help you overcome the procrastination before starting the work.
"Schedule breaks" To Do List
- First of all define how long can you concentrate on a certain task
- View the task in a sober light and divide it into several approaches in accordance with your attention span
- Commit to work for definite time interval and then have a break or change your activity when your attention span is exhausted
- Use software to include the breaks into your schedule during the accomplishment of the long task
- Start you scheduling software
- Track the tasks assigned on 'today'
- If there are any time consuming tasks among them divide them into several time periods
- Schedule breaks or other activities at the time between these periods
- Start doing the tasks