Time management is a conceptual set of physical and mental essentials (skills) that you need to be a successful time manager. Let’s consider this conception in a form of time management list tips to learn and think about, and to follow in a way that suits your situation:
- Time management: list of skills – once you make a firm decision to find some better methods for managing your personal and professional time to reach a new level of productivity, you need to study, understand, and regularly practice the following skills making your efforts meaningful:
- Ability to formulate tasks – you need to train yourself to describe your tasks in a basically plain and clear manner stimulating you to act, telling you what actually to do now and then, and making you to avoid any loose formulations and confusions;
- Ability to prioritize – it is very important not to lose effectiveness at some really important points while pursuing secondary goals. You need to prioritize your goals & tasks to invest your major efforts into attaining primary goals, while postponing things of less importance (there are some specific methods to appraise importance of your tasks);
- Time management: list making – the basic instrument for planning your time is recording your plans (your tasks) on a to-do list. It is a sheet of paper where you can:
- Formulate your tasks;
- Prioritize your tasks.
Such a list of activities can be formed up and managed with a help of electronic means (software), like a product represented below:
VIP Task Manager is a program that allows us to establish todo lists in business or professional activities, as it is real-time teamwork software for planning, controlling and analyzing your working hours and tasks on the projects of different kinds.
To plan and analyze your time – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable time management technique and ideas;
- prioritize your tasks;
- plan and schedule tasks and arrangements in terms of costs, target dates, etc;
- control performance parameters;