Achieving team collaboration success is one of the prioritized tasks of project managers and team leaders. Numerous collaboration success stories prove that when a team is collaborative and its members understand how to work together to reach a destination and produce some result, this team turns into a powerful mechanism for implementing projects.
Below we list three key principles of collaboration success:
- Set clear-cut goals. Successful collaboration starts with clearly set goals which team members understand and share. This collaboration success principle requires you to make a written description of goals with exact deadlines.
- Involve right people. Having a well-trained and experienced group of people allows you to take your project to completion in an effective manner. This collaboration success principle refers to acquiring and assembling a productive team.
- Be responsive to changes in the team environment. While your team works on achieving shared goals, the team environment changes and it is highly important to react to the changes quickly and efficiently. This collaboration success factor requires you to make a change management plan and also develop a contingency plan.
To follow these principles of collaboration success in business and projects you can use VIP Task Manager. This software offers you tools for setting clear-cut goals, defining tasks, making resources assignments, planning for changes and mitigating project risks. VIP Task Manager can be your collaboration success advisor for better project team planning and management.
- Start VIP Task Manager and create a new database.
- In Task List view you can use tasks to make a list of goals and to-do items. Then you can use Resource Assignment panel to assign tasks to members of your team.
- In Task Tree view you can use Permissions panel to share tasks. Members of your team can log in the database and view their assignments.
- Use Notifications panel to keep track of task status.
- Use reports to summarize teamwork and view collaboration results.