Pre task planning is a part of the strategic task planning. It is a method of estimating tasks prior to setting basic task characteristics, such as due date, assignment and priority. Pre task planning assumes that a supervisor organizes sessions with project team members to share pre task plan forms and questionnaires. Team members will answer a number of questions to let the supervisor know whether they clearly understand their roles, goals and responsibilities within the project. For example, a sample pre task plan form may include the follow questions:
- Do you feel you have all necessary skills to do your tasks efficiently?
- Do you need additional tools to do your job?
- Do you feel safe when working on your tasks?
The method of pre task planning is critical to efficient project management. By running the method, a project manager can find out whether the team is ready to do project tasks and whether it has all necessary competencies. Pre task planning lets ensure that team members are ready to do their tasks because they feel safe.
VIP Task Manager will help you use the method and develop pre task plans. It is a software solution that lets you create to-do lists and schedules. VIP Task Manager combines user collaboration and information sharing capabilities allowing you to conduct pre task safety analysis and productivity reviews.
- Start VIP Task Manager and log in your database.
- Go to Task Tree view and create a tree-like structure for your project.
- Before starting planning tasks of your project, you can create a pre task plan. You can use groups and tasks to develop the plan and create a list of questions.
- Go to Permissions Panel to allow your team to review the plan and the questions list.
- Use Task List view to keep track of how your team follows the plan. Task List view will be best for conducting pre task analysis.