A project endeavor is always managed under certain project management functions that define how the project will be organized and implemented from start to finish. It is impossible to implement any project without referring to its functional structure because otherwise such a project will be planned and organized inefficiently.
If you want to start a new project you need to know everything about project management functions organizing your project. If you don't learn and understand this information you are likely to fail with the project from the very beginning.
The following are examples of basic project management functions that support effective project implementation and delivery:
- Organization. For every project there should be some organizational structure that defines who will do what duties within the project.
- Planning. It is hard to image successful project implementation without a detailed plan of actions. Planning is one of the basic project management functions.
- Communication. For every project effective communications should be established in order to allow participants to exchange information and collaborate with each other.
- Monitoring & Control. There should be a project management functions system that allows managers and planners to track and control project changes and progress.
With help of VIP Task Manager you can start and do your project in accordance with all the items listed in this short project management functions overview. VIP Task Manager combines a set of tools and solutions that organize projects, develop action plans, share data, exchange feedback and produce reports.
- Learn more about PM functions by visiting appropriate blogs and forums.
- Read about solutions that help organize and implement projects (for example, project management functions Excel solution).
- Use VIP Task Manager to plan and implement your projects in accordance with project management functions.