Using gap analysis in project management makes it possible to find ways for improvement. Project management gap analysis helps managers and planners to set up project goals, track current status of tasks, and detect remaining gaps to be overcome before successful project accomplishment. A properly set project management gap analysis model makes it easier for management teams to evaluate how much effort has been made for a particular project.
Usually the project management gap analysis process starts with setting up goals for a project. Its purpose is to ensure that these goals are set up in line with expected results to be received upon project completion. When the project is in progress, analysts review current status of project tasks and calculate gaps (if any) between task completion status and final goals. Analysts usually use special project management gap analysis documents to record their reviews and investigations.
VIP Task Manager can be used by project managers and gap analysts for setting up project goals, tracking project progress and defining any gaps between current task status and expected results. It is a software solution for project planning, task management and group collaboration. VIP Task Manager will help you initiate a successful project and keep its progress on track.
- Use Task Tree view in VIP Task Manager to make templates, task hierarchies and to-do lists.
- Make a task group for your project and use Notes to describe high-level project goals.
- Open a task, go to Notes tab and add task-level goals.
- Track project tasks by using Filter Bar and Notifications.
- Also use Report Builder to review daily task status and overall project progress.