Project management impact is a qualitative characteristic that shows what influence your project management effort has on your project. Project management impact assessment is made by determining correlation between working hours you’ve spent on planning management activities and results produced by the project. If the results are highly correlated with the working hours, then project management impact is high. At the end of your project (during the closure phase), you can develop a project management impact report showing correlation between the mentioned characteristics.
Analysis of project management impact allows you to determine whether your effort for managing the project has been effective. By conducting project management impact analysis and reviewing project performance you can measure project efficiency.
VIP Task Manager is project management software that can help you estimate working hours spent on managing your project and set quantitative characteristics for evaluating project results. Custom Fields functionality of VIP Task Manager lets create performance indicators and measure project efficiency.
- Start VIP Task Manager and log in your database.
- Go to Task Tree view to plan your project by phases and stages. Use templates to define key steps of the project.
- Use Calendar view to schedule the project and its tasks.
- Go to Tools-Custom Fields to create performance indicators for measuring project management impact.
- Use Notes to specify tasks and add information about your project management impact statement.