Perhaps, it’s hard to overestimate project management importance of several key project components such as scope, plans, resources, funding, schedules, communications, etc. When you manage a project, you need to carefully set priorities for the key components in order to achieve success and deliver the project in timely manner.
There are several points that determine project management importance. Let’s view these points.
- Project management importance of scope statement: scope of your project is one of the constraints that determine project success. By developing a scope statement, you determine all the work to be done to produce the final product of the project.
- Project management importance of planning: project planning is the way to develop a comprehensive plan for implementing your project. Having such a plan allows you to deliver the project as expected.
- Project management importance of scheduling: project scheduling allows you to develop a schedule for the project and plan time characteristics. When the project is scheduled, you can perform its tasks step by step.
- Project management importance of communication: your project team can efficiently communicate and collaborate with each other when project communications are established and well-developed.
- Project management importance of resource allocation: proper allocation of available project resources allows you to remain the project feasible and well-funded.
VIP Task Manager will help you take into account all the points of project management importance. VIP Task Manager is a task management program for team collaboration and project planning. It allows using templates, checklists, to-do lists and schedules to plan project scope, develop timelines, and make resource assignments.
- Start VIP Task Manager and create a database for your project.
- Go to Resource List view to add new resources (users) to the database. Use roles and permissions to set privileges for users.
- Go to Task Tree view to plan your project by phases. Use templates and checklists to develop a scope statement for the project.
- Use Comments panel to communicate with the project team and receive feedback.
- Use Notifications panel to get status reports.
- Use Resource Assignment panel to assign tasks to resources.
- Go to Calendar view to schedule your project and tasks.