It is nearly impossible to build a productive group of people participating in project implementation activities if these people do not have project management team skills. Teamwork is based on some principles and availability of well-developed skills and abilities is one of the key principles. Better project management team qualities allow managers and supervisors to efficiently manage teams and build a productive teamwork environment.
To make sure that your project group is efficient and able to follow teamwork principles, every participant of the group should have the following project management team skills:
- Time Management: a set of abilities for planning daily activities, scheduling working hours and completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Analysis: a set of skills and abilities to evaluate information and propose creative solutions.
- Being Motivated: this skill means being able to understand the value of teamwork, goals of team management and maintain project management team spirit.
- Performer: abilities to efficiently follow guidelines, do tasks, and understand project management team vision.
- Communication: skills for sharing knowledge, dealing with issues and collaborating with other team members.
Using team management software allows you to plan, track and measure tasks and assignments of your project group. VIP Task Manager will help you gain project management team benefits by planning teamwork, measuring performance, tracking project progress and reporting teamwork results.
- Use the web search to find and download special questionnaires and templates for estimating project management team capabilities and skills.
- Use Database Wizard of VIP Task Manager to create a new database for your project.
- Log in your database and go to Resource List view to add new users to the database.
- Use Permissions panel and Roles panel to manage user access rights.
- Go to Task Tree view and create tasks and phases for your project.
- Use Resource Assignment panel to assign tasks to users.