Software solutions for project planning and implementation include an option for setting up project management user groups. Such an option allows team members to log in a centralized database under their user names and view their tasks and assignments. The option makes it possible to create and define project management user roles based on a system of permissions and limitations. For example, a team member can be assigned to "Team Member" role and be eligible to view and edit only assigned tasks while having no access to other pieces of project data. A team leader needs to have wider permissions so this person can be assigned to "Team Leader" role that lets view and edit tasks of all team members.
Project management user involvement is based on individual duties and responsibilities. In VIP Task Manager you can use Permissions panel and Roles panel to manage user access to project data depending on project management user requirements. For example, the software allows setting "Unlimited" role for managers who need to have full control over project progress and teams. You can create custom roles and set up individual permissions for each user. VIP Task Manager will let you gather valuable project management user experience from setting up and managing team roles, duties and responsibilities.
- Start VIP Task Manager and use Database Wizard to create a new database for your project.
- Go to Resource List view to manage project management user input by adding new users to the database.
- Use Roles panel in Resource List view to create new roles for users.
- Switch to Task Tree view and select Permissions panel to set up permissions for every user registered in the system and also for available roles.
- You can get more project management user documentation and tutorials at this web page.