Following project proposal guide lines means taking steps to efficiently write a project proposal. When you want to initiate a new project, you will need to follow some project proposal guidelines that will help you write a comprehensive proposal of the project and then share it with sponsors and senior management. But before following any guidelines, let’s see project proposal definition.
A project proposal is a formal document that outlines specific objectives of a given project, suggests a technical approach, specifies a project proposal methodology to be used in developing a product, and describes anticipated results of the project.
One of the best ways to design project proposals is to use checklists in combination with task management software. Checklists will let list your guidelines for project proposal writing, and task management software will help you follow your guidelines by completing items in your checklists. Your checklists may describe the following project proposal components:
- Describe business needs to be met by the proposed project.
- Define features of the product/service to be produced during the project.
- Set required budget and specify expected operational costs.
- Define key assumptions and corresponding risks.
- Get approval of project sponsors and senior managers.
VIP Task Manager will help you create checklists and break each of the components down into simple tasks. Here is a short action plan that describes how to create a checklist and tasks:
- Go to Task Tree view and create groups for each of the project proposal components. For example, you will have such groups as "Describe business needs ", "Define features of the product", "Set required budget".
- For each of the groups you can create simple tasks. Each task can be scheduled and prioritized. You can also assign tasks to different users.
- The groups and tasks will form a checklist that you can use to write a proposal of your project.
- Go to Task List view to follow tasks of your checklist.
- Use Scheduler view to display tasks on calendar.