Every sales manager who wants to achieve excellence in sales planning and management needs to use a sales planning guide that provides a number of sales planning and control ideas and a variety of operating templates that can be used by the manager and sales representatives to set sales planning definition and prepare operating sales plans for current week, month or year. A sales planning guide should be used consistently throughout the week/month/year to build a useful and proactive business plan that will help sales staff and business managers to control execution of sales initiatives and achievement of business objectives. In this connection, the sales planning importance consists in assisting sales staff and business managers in running the process of writing a productive sales plan that is consistent with the overall business plan.
To manage the sales plan writing process and plan its steps it is recommended to use task management software that allows planning processes as a series of simple tasks and steps and to-do lists. For example, VIP Task Manager features Workflow Editor that lets you split a process or workflow into tasks that have specific statuses. You can use your sales planning guide and VIP Task Manager to follow sales workflows and processes to efficiently plan tasks, organize sales planning workshops, schedule meeting with sales staff, design working calendars, and do other things that are critical to business excellence of your company.
- Run VIP Task Manager software and access your database.
- Go to Task List view and use tasks to plan sales activities.
- Use Calendar view to schedule tasks and to-do lists.
- Go to Tools – Custom Workflow to run Workflow Editor and create customized workflows for your sales activities.
- Use Permissions panel to allow sales staff members of your company to access shared information (sales planning quotes, price lists, meeting agendas, purchase orders, etc.) that you keep in your corporate database.