Using a schedule review checklist during the project planning phase allows you to make sure that tasks and events of your project are appropriately planned and scheduled. When you know how to schedule review activities you can plan for a better project which has clear-cut start date, finish date, milestones, timelines and due dates. Below we give a checklist of the key steps for reviewing typical project schedules. Hopefully this checklist will help you plan and schedule review processes within your projects.
To review your project schedule, you need to make sure that:
- The content of the schedule is based on the project management plan.
- The project start date is correctly set.
- Sequence of tasks is logical and consistent.
- Critical tasks are outlined in the schedule.
- Milestones are defined and scheduled.
- The project completion date is acceptable.
This checklist can be designed by using VIP Task Manager. This software allows using templates to plan tasks, events and activities. In VIP Task Manager there is Task List view that helps plan to-do lists. There is also Calendar view that allows you to schedule review analysis.
- Start VIP Task Manager and log in your database.
- Go to Task List view to plan tasks and assignments in terms of costs, priorities, due dates, status etc.
- Use Resource Assignment panel to assign tasks to team members.
- Go to Calendar view to make a schedule for your project.
- Use the schedule review checklist to make sure your schedule is appropriately designed.
- Use Custom Fields to create key performance indicators.
- Go to Task Tree view and use Report Builder to make reports. You can set reminder to schedule review reports.