Are you new to the team leader role? Do you want to get some team leader support and read interesting information on groupwork planning and employee management? Below we give a list of key team leader tips to help you better understand your new role.
- Use templates and task management software (like VIP Task Manager) to plan and manage team-based tasks and time.
- Schedule weekly meetings with your team to discuss issues, provide guidance and exchange team leader feedbacks.
- Do your best to resolve both individual and group conflicts before they turn into a disaster.
- Never try to focus on several tasks at a time (avoid multitasking).
- Try to involve your team in making "local" decisions – this will help team members feel more competent and important.
- Reward your employees for achievements. Also consider using a simple system of penalties.
VIP Task Manager will help you carry out duties of your team leader role. It is a task management program for team collaboration. With help of VIP Task Manager you can follow these new team leader tips to create a productive group of people.
- Visit team leader forums, blogs and other online resources to communicate with other team leaders and get valuable information.
- Make a list of your favorable team leader articles and share it with your team members.
- Use your Twitter and Facebook for communicating with your friends and colleagues.
- Download VIP Task Manager and use it for free during 30 days.
- Use Task List view and Task Tree view in VIP Task Manager to plan, track, measure and report tasks of your team.
- Use Calendar view to schedule tasks and make timelines.