Prioritization is one of the most essential time management skills a person needs to make the very best use of his/her own efforts. The question "time management: how to prioritize?” is discussed by many professionals and trainers who try to find the best way to organize time and prioritize activities. If you want to know how to focus on your key tasks and waste less time, you also need to investigate this question and try to find solutions for handling the challenge "time management how to be more productive."
Let’s see common solutions that are discussed in many books and articles about time management how to prioritize work.
- Make a to-do list. This is the first and foremost question that you need to answer. When you know how to prioritize your daily tasks, you can effectively plan working hours and avoid time wasting.
- Categorize your to-do list. Now you need to organize tasks by categories. For example, you can add such categories as Daily Tasks, My Weekend, Holidays, Meetings, Projects, and so on.
- Schedule breaks. Almost any book about time management how to be productive mentions that scheduling breaks is the best way to feel less stressed out even if you have a lot of work. When prioritizing tasks, don’t forget to add short breaks to your daily schedule. For example, you can try to use the Pomodoro technique which requires you to set 5-minute breaks between prioritized tasks.
- Make Report. A report on status of prioritized tasks will help you investigate your efficiency and view completed tasks. The simplest way to create reports is through using time management software that shows daily performance and helps analyze time management how to change productivity for better.
VIP Task Manager is a time management software example that you can use to prioritize tasks and schedule working hours. This powerful software will help you handle the challenge "time management how to be productive" and improve your daily performance.
- Use the web search to read more about time management how to set priorities and improve daily performance.
- Start the software and create a new database where you’ll keep your tasks.
- Go to Task List view to create categorized to-do lists and hierarchical task lists.
- Go to Task List view to set priorities and due dates for tasks.
- Use Reports Builder to create text, HTML, Excel and graph reports.