Project management proposal is a formal document that provides a brief overview and summary of the project. A project management proposal example document gives a credible statement of work to be done by the performing organization and establishes the significance of the project. This document also states the problems identified and the need to address these problems. A typical project management proposal template includes the next information:
- Name of performing organization
- Project title
- Contact person and contact information: postal address, phone number, email address etc.
- Project objectives and challenges
- Project timeline
- Amount requested
Project management proposal is usually addressed to project manager and project team. Once the proposal is received project manager needs to describe main project activities indicating how the objectives will be achieved, what will be done, and who will be assigned to project tasks.
You can use project management software like VIP Task Manager to plan project activities listed in your project management proposal sample. VIP Task Manager allows you to design to-do lists and schedules that will help you better organize project activities and plan how your project will be done.
- Launch VIP Task Manager and go to Task Tree view to plan your project. Use groups to create a hierarchical structure for the project.
- Use information specified in your project management proposal to entitle the project and define names of its categories and tasks.
- Go to Task List view and track tasks of your project by using filters.
- Use Attachments panel to attach your PM proposal to the project. In such a way you can share the document with your team.