Modern virtual collaboration technologies make it feasible for companies to rapidly bring together dispersed employees into virtual teams that perform a variety of tasks and jobs. Such technologies help build better employee management and control. For example, managers and team leaders can use virtual collaboration instant messaging to communicate with virtual workers and easily exchange information. Employees can collaborate with each other, share their tasks, send feedback to senior management and participate in collaborative projects. A properly chosen virtual collaboration methodology will let management teams to set up supervision and control over employee tasks and also quickly respond to issues.
Virtual collaboration technologies are based on Internet connection. For example, users of VIP Task Manager software can log in a centralized database over Internet to view shared and individual tasks in real-time mode. This software is a client-server solution that provides users with instant access to centralized resources located on local or remote servers. VIP Task Manager offers task management and project planning tools for group collaboration and employee control.
- Install the server portion of VIP Task Manager on your local or web server.
- Install the client portion of the software on user computers.
- Create a new database on your server.
- Users can access this database over LAN or Internet.
- Use Permissions panel to share tasks and projects. You can set up permissions to allow/deny users to view/edit/delete/create tasks and groups in the database.
- Use Comments panel as a virtual collaboration message board that lets exchange short messages between users.
- For better virtual collaboration statistics, use History panel that records all changes made to a task.
- Use Internet to read virtual collaboration articles and find out more on how to establish user collaboration for better