For organizations familiar with project management, an understanding of the question "Why is team management important?" is critical because they need to know how to select, develop and manage teams. Following team management best practices allows those organizations to avoid compromise when selecting resources and obtain the best people who are able to do tasks and assignments of projects on schedule and within budget.
If your company is also involved in managing projects, managers and team leaders should answer the question "What is team management?" and share their understanding of team management definition between team members. The managerial staff will need to implement a team management theory that lets select and develop an appropriate team which is able to perform necessary projects and tasks. Managers will also need to set right team management goals that meet strategic objectives of your company and fit requirements of effective project management.
Besides, the managerial staff of your company needs to use project management software that includes tools for planning group activities and establishing teamwork. Such software will contribute to faster development of your teams and realization of team goals. Your managers can try VIP Task Manager which is a project management application for team collaboration. VIP Task Manager allows using a series of tools to plan, measure, track and report tasks and projects.
- Log in your database and go to Resource List.
- In Resource List, you can add and edit resources (users). Open a resource editing window to set user login password and administration rights.
- Use Roles Panel to create roles and assign them to resources.
- Go to Task Tree. Use Permissions Panel to set resource permissions.
- Use Resource Assignment Panel to assign tasks to resources.
- Use Attachment Panel to attach files to tasks. The panel lets share files. (for example, you can attach and share team management case studies).