Staff structure of business development department depends on conception of this department in certain specific company and may include various specialists and experts that perform activities connected with gathering, studying and analyzing of business information. Department specialists can perform specific activities such as:
- identification and analyzing of business opportunities
- researching economic and market trends
- monitoring business environment
- studying clients' requirements
- feasibility study of projects
- modeling scenarios
- planning business objectives and so on
That's why staff of business development department may include business analysts of different qualifications and specializations, project and technical analysts, experts in marketing, economy, management etc, statisticians, demand managers and others. Often department managers call for help of temporarily engaged specialists and external consultants.
The specialists of Business Development Department can be categorized according to their responsibilities:
Those who assign work and perform control. Head of business development department and managers, who supervise specific sectors of work, need a solution that allows them to:
- Manage work of their subordinates and assistants
- Track performance, time, costs
- Manage projects and business processes
Employees - those specialists who receive tasks and should report about their performance. For example industry analyst studies situation, problems and tendencies within industry, demand manager studies requirements and expectations of clients, distribution development manager searches for new distributing facilities and channels etc. Each specialist has own scope of tasks and duties, so each one needs to manage and schedule individual tasks in the context of common work. Solution that can fit needs of business development department specialists should:
- Allow management of their individual schedules and task lists
- Make aware if manager assigns task to them
- Allow reporting about task performance
- Provide quick access to documents
- Ensure collaboration with colleagues
Business Development Department Resource List
VIP Task Manager is task management groupware that can fit needs of both Supervisors and Specialists of Business Development Department.
The first thing that should be done when you start to work with VIP Task Manager is registering the staff members. For this purpose VIP Task Manager can work in Resource List mode. Using Resource List you can create accounts for users of the groupware (set login and password), enter personal data (Phone, Address, E-mail), working data (Department, Job Title) and delegate role if required. After all the specialists and supervisors are registered in Resource List they can assign tasks or be assigned to a task. You can use field "Department" to assign employees to different teams within one business development department.
- >> Business Development Department Staff
- Business Development Department functions/workflow
- Business research - gathering, studying, analyzing of information
- Short-term and long-term business planning.