Business collaboration definition: it is a regular (officially regulated and coordinated) process of mutual work-related interrelations between:
- independent business entities;
- units or members of one organization;
- stakeholders of a business endeavor;
- members of one workgroup;
A character of specific type of collaboration can vary from direct physical interactions at working operations, to informational support, coaching and guiding.
Enterprise-level: collaboration at enterprises is governed by functional needs, rational grounds, internal regulations, and local corporate culture. This kind is sub-divided into several possible kinds, including the following ones:
- Vertical: “manager-employees” model of collaboration meaning that a superior executive collaborates with lower subordinated managerial levels (usually it is about leading and governing the working processes, controlling and verification the working results).
- Horizontal: “employee-employee” model when peer employees collaborate at their common (shared) working tasks, so it may take place for example within one department, team, etc.
- Lateral: the rare practice (irregular) of working collaboration between cross-functional executives whose positions reside at different managerial lines and areas.
CentriQS is a client-server program that allows establishing collaborative relations at workflow and tasks.
To perform collaborative tasks – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups to represent the project;
- prioritize your tasks and define how to lead your group through them;
- plan and schedule tasks and project arrangements in terms of target dates, costs, time, etc;
- assign tasks to doers and control their productivity in real-time;