Critical task analysis and practices are excellent ways to complete project work properly. By analyzing critical tasks of your project you can reveal imbalances in project performance. To achieve the best performance of your project you need to make sure that critical which that deliver the value to the project are properly analyzed. The following checklist will help you manage critical tasks:
- Written guidelines for conducting procedures are issues and assigned to necessary resources. All committed resources understand critical task definition.
- Critical tasks are systematically identified for all stages of your project and gathered into critical task lists.
- Critical task estimation is regularly conducted to review and adjust realistic objectives.
- Critical processes and tasks are analyzed by using methods that are appropriately updated and reviewed.
- Quality and appropriateness and procedures are regularly evaluated.
To track and analyze critical tasks, you will need to use project management software. For example, you can use VIP Task Manager that allows you to analyze tasks by time characteristics (like analyzing using MS Project), track employee assignments, measure performance, and generate reports.
- Enter your database and go to Task List view to track your tasks.
- Use Priority column to set task importance. The column will help you show the most critical tasks of your project.
- Use Filter Bar to filter tasks by Priority.
- Set due dates for critical tasks.
- Use Reports Builder to create task reports that may include critical task inventory.