Employee productivity definition: this is a characteristic of workers’ performance, indicating and measuring their ability to deliver working results (it can be parameterized by several sub-matters, for example “employee productivity during certain period of time”). In business management practice, good employee productivity in the workplace is what all managers aspire to reach in order of streamlining their company’s overall performance and profits. There are some basic ways to increase employee productivity. They can be used particularly or in complex:
- human motivation – these are interrelated things, so that in order to increase productivity you should motivate him in a manner stimulating him to produce more (of course without decreasing the quality of work).
- satisfaction – if employee is not really satisfied with his workplace, business environment, or employer’s conditions, then he will feel himself depressed, so that he cannot be very productive (as he doesn’t see much sense to make some additional efforts).
- work management – sometimes low productivity can be rectified by just a better working process organization, or by a more profound time management (better prioritizations and scheduling of working tasks).
Job monitoring software can be used to controlling, monitoring and analyzing workflow of employees to increase their productivity. VIP Task Manager is a program which can provide assistance on job monitoring as it can be used by project planners and trackers for analyzing progress over the working plans in order to identify their evolution or defections.
For effective analyzing productivity of your employees – do the following:
- start your project management software;
- organize your working processes on the Task Tree view;
- plan and schedule tasks in terms of their time, costs, etc;
- assign tasks to employees and track performance;
- analyze results to know if their performance meets the plans;