Conducting an employee performance review is a necessary activity within employee management aimed at measuring current performance level of employees and generating ideas for eliminating performance gaps. Here are basic steps of employee review guidelines to conduct a performance review:
- Talk to your company’s attorney about preparing a legally valid performance review process.
- Communicate with the HR dept. of your company to create a standard form for performance appraisals.
- Set goals and expectations.
- Make a schedule for the review for the next six months.
- Initiate the performance review process.
- Establish communications to receive feedback regarding the process.
- Document the process and its output.
- Hold a meeting at the end of the process.
- Update and summarize the performance appraisal form.
- Add suggestions regarding workforce performance improvement.
To successfully take these steps and follow your employee review guidelines, you will need to use task management software that helps plan tasks and time. For example, VIP Task Manager allows you to plan employee review tasks, schedule appraisal projects, design agendas for employee review training meetings, and share your employee review ideas.
- Log in your database and go to Task Tree view.
- Use templates and to-do lists to create questionnaires and prepare checklists for job examples.
- Add tasks to your to-do lists and templates. Set Due Dates for tasks.
- Use Notes panel to specify tasks and list goals for each of the tasks.
- Use Calendar view to schedule events.