Insufficient employee motivation and poor task supervisions are the major reasons why workers waste their time and become lazy. In this situation it is recommended to take quick measures to prevent further performance decline and work time wasting. First of all, you need to conduct meeting with your employee and clearly show your attitude towards laziness and time wasting. You should point to penalties for laziness and awards for higher performance to motivate the workers. Secondly, you should use task management programs which allow to assign to-do lists, take control over task performance, supervise tasks and communicate with employees in real time.
Such program as VIP Task Manager allows to improve task supervision and control employee performance. In VIP Task Manager you can create individual to-do lists, set task due dates and priorities so that your employees will be aware of what work they should do and in what terms. To increase motivation, you can describe what rewards will be given if employees complete their job on time. For this purpose you can use leave task comments and add notes to the most prioritized and urgent tasks. VIP Task Manager allows to detect the time an employee spent on a task, so you get more benefits while tracking employee productivity and fighting laziness.
- Run task management software
- Create to-do lists for each of your employees. Set due dates and priorities
- Describe rewards and penalties in task fields “Notes” and “Comments”
- If you work hard and still do not have enough time to control all your employees, you can assign supervisors by using task Watch List
- By using custom fields, you can set task performance indicators to make control more effective. It enables you to compare existing performance with expected.