There are many reasons to digitize records of office work and securely store them in a digital archive. For example, the reasons may be as following:
- To preserve the records from ageing and damaging
- To make several duplicates that can be stored in separate safe places
- To synchronize the records with digital organizers and task managers
- To provide sharable and secure access to documents in digital format
For an office manager the question of keeping documents in digital format is vital since he can review the history of office work and track document flow. Besides, if using an office task organizer, the digital archive will server as a task history database or a document repository. The office manager will combine the digital archive and the office task organizer to get a universal, digitalized task and document management tool for office administration.
As a great example of this tool, VIP Task Manager provides the office manager with flexible task management and document archiving options. VIP Task Manager is an office activity management program that allows to manage office tasks, organize electronic document flow and keep all tasks and related documentation in the digital archive. To move tasks to the digital archive, you can use Archive Mode in VIP Task Manager. In this mode all information is securely stored and protected by Permissions settings, so only the manager or an authorized person is able to access information. VIP Task Manager creates a single office database on local or dedicated server in the Internet, so the manager can enter the digital archive from a remote computer which has LAN/ Internet connection.
- Run VIP Task Manager
- To switch Archive Mode on, go to File - Archive Mode
- To move a task or task list to the digital archive, choose the task, right-click on it and select 'Move to archive' item
- Use Filter Panel in Achieve Mode to find any task by attributes (ID, Name, Status, Resource, etc.)
- Any document can be attached to tasks and then moved together to the digital archive