What is a project background (PB) and do I need it? You may ask these questions even if you are experienced in managing projects. It shows common information on projects, what works should be done, who participate in projects, what objectives are set, what due dates are determined, and many other parameters. If to analyze a typical project background, there can be outlined the following parts:
- Goals and requirements
- Schedules and plans to realize goals and meet requirements
- Deliverables and their deadlines
- Project resources, teams and participants
- Reports and summaries
Besides project background, there can be also used task background and process background. Task background is similar to process background and it shows date parameters, goals, assigned resources, belonging to projects, priorities, progress, status, and so on.
VIP Task Manager helps define PB and share it among project participants. VIP Task Manager is a project/task management program based on a client-server technology. The program allows initiating projects, specifying tasks, setting dates, establishing goals, and building reports.
- Run VIP Task Manager.
- Go to Task Tree view to create a tree-like structure of your projects. Use task groups to add subprojects.
- Use Task List view to manage and track tasks. Here you can outline task background, including due date, start and finish dates, priority, assignment, status, etc.
- Use Filter Bar to find necessary tasks.
- Notes Panel, Comments Panel, and Attachment Panel are also helpful to specify task/process background.