Project management assessment allows analyzing existing challenges of your project and producing recommendations regarding project improvement. The idea behind the assessment consists in identifying reasons for project failure and developing an action plan to eliminate or at least mitigate the negative impact of those reasons and to improve project performance.
Project management assessment is a process that simplifies planning and control of projects and creates a foundation for continuous improvement. Here’re the major benefits of the process:
- Determine and follow the best practices of PM.
- Review performance by relevant project metrics.
- Use project management assessment questions to interview project stakeholders and receive feedback and suggestions regarding project improvement.
- Identify project breaks and time waste.
- Identify risks and develop a contingency plan.
- Produce reports on assessment survey and generate recommendations.
Your project can be improved and reasons for failure can be eliminated with help of those tools. You can use software tools to measure project performance, use various metrics, develop project management assessment questionnaires for conducting interviews, track employee productivity, create reports, and share information on project assessment outcomes.
You can try to use VIP Task Manager for assessing your project, measuring performance and controlling project efficiency. VIP Task Manager is a client-server program that features project management and assessment tools. The software program is available for free during 30 days.
- Start the software and log in your database.
- Create a new project by using groups and sub-groups in Task Tree view of the software.
- Use templates and checklists to plan your project’s phases.
- Create to-do lists, tasks and schedules.
- Use Custom Fields functionality to create performance indicators and other metrics required for project management assessment tests.