Project management slack (float) is a time period during which a task can be postponed without causing a delay to subsequent tasks and completion date. This simple definition allows making the following important conclusions:
- In a project there is a permissible amount of time for each task when a performer can postpone this task without negative consequences.
- There is always a need to plan for time in order to reduce the probability of task procrastination.
- Project management slackers (those performers who make a delay which is not longer than a permissible PM example) should use PM software to efficiently keep track of delays and report on performance.
VIP Task Manager will help you plan time, track status of tasks, measure delays and assess employee performance. VIP Task Manager is a task management program for team collaboration and project planning.
- Read project planning articles and download free tutorials to improve your knowledge about project management.
- Install VIP Task Manager and be ready to use this software on a daily basis to plan and do your projects.
- Use to-do lists and schedules to plan your project.
- Use Filter Bar to track tasks by due date, status, % complete, assignment etc.