Definition: it is a kind of training that can be provided to managers and employees of organizations in order to improve their attitudes to planning, designing and organizing their tasks related to whether daily workflow or some long-term projects. As methods are invented to streamline staff’s productivity by canceling counter-productive approaches and behaviors, they should be explained first of all to managers who assign tasks to employees, and then to employees who handle their ongoing commitments.
Such a program may include the following essential subjects to be learned:
- Formulating tasks (ability to state tasks in a feasible and clear-cut manner);
- Estimating tasks (timing, important, urgency, outcome value, etc);
- Categorization tasks (associating tasks with certain goals and contexts);
- Prioritizing tasks (associating need for tasks with current situation);
- Planning tasks (scheduling tasks and creating everyday agenda planning);
The best criteria for training assessment are to indicate and evaluate the productivity increase after managers and employees have received such training. One of possible instruments to control productivity and realize task analysis is to use special software, such as VIP Task Manager that features three templates: Task Tree, Task List and Calendar.
To analyze tasks – do the following:
- start your task analyzing software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups (Task Tree mode);
- set project timeline and target dates for all tasks;
- assign tasks to performers;
- plan tasks in terms of their costs, priorities, objectives, etc;
- control project execution in real-time regime;