Team task management requires intelligible planning, organizing, and managing of resources to achieve the successful completion of a task or a project. To ensure effective work performance, team management should take care about rational spending of these resources. The main resource within the project is time. Team coordinator should decide how to delegate tasks to multiple employees sufficiently in order to save these resources and at the same time do not harm the work performance.
You should not set narrow bounds for your employees by delegating them strong limits of time. This will put psychological pressure upon your employees and can harm work quality. Time bounds also should not be too broad because it can weaken your employees and (especially in combination with lack of discipline) can entail task postponing and delays. Time should be delegated in balanced way, so certain part of time resource that can be potentially delegated to employee should be "hidden". Saved resources can be directed to eliminate unforeseen issues or to perform extra-work.
VIP Task Manager is project resources management groupware that allows managing personnel, time and costs within your team projects.
To be sure that your tasks are delegated efficiently:
- Start project resources management software
- Make brake-down structure of your project with a help of Task Tree mode
- Delegate tasks to employees
- Estimate and set each task time scopes with a help of Scheduler(Calendar)
- Define the most problematic tasks and delegate enough time for them, so if they will be delayed this will not delay the whole project
- Use Time Grid View of Scheduler to set and assess time lags
- Use different time views of Scheduler to check out each employee's daily, weekly and monthly workloads