Task progress supposes many changes within its lifecycle, for example, a task should go from initial status till completion status step by step or the deadline of a task can be moved back and forth . Information about any change should be immediately delivered to all concerned. The issue of notifying remote or on-site employees becomes critical if they do not have access to the database and so cannot be aware of their task list progress.
VIP Task Manager has customizable system of automated notifications allowing users to be informed by e-mail in case of any actions with tasks. Administrator or Project Manager can define which types of task event should be sent to a resource. In other words, the manager determines what task modifications a resource should be notified of. For example, a resource can receive notifications if task status was increased, or "Due date" was changed. The full list of event types can be found in "Notifications" tab of "Edit Resource" window.
- Go to Database Manager (Desktop- Start-Programs-VIP Quality Software-VIP Task Manager-Database Manager ).
- Check and fill in all required fields in SMTP tab.
- In VIP Task Manager go to Resource list view.
- Open a resource and select to Notifications tab.
- Check in "Send notifications by E-Mail" option.
- Select event type to be included in notification message once task is modified
- Press Ok.