- The chief regularly works overtime to carry out tasks, which, in his/her opinion, can be done only by himself/herself.
- Employees often interrupt work of the chief with requests to explain their tasks.
- Delegated tasks are not finished in time.
- Employees frequently ask the chief for the permission to undertake anything or what to undertake regarding any arising questions.
- Employees do not wish to take responsibility for delegated tasks.
- Employees consider that they have not enough competence for performance of the delegated tasks.
- The chief often interferes with tasks delegated to employees.
These symptoms may indicate that organization has problems with delegation of tasks. It could be ineffective because of some reasons that should be investigated in the course of organizational analysis. To delegate tasks with proper level of self-descriptiveness it is possible to use work planning software. VIP Task Manager is task management groupware that can help managers with task delegation.
To delegate tasks properly it is necessary to:
- Start you work planning application
- Create tasks and assign employees
- Set tasks order, timelines and priorities
- Attach all required documents to tasks
- Enter work description and instructions to Notes section of each task