Does your employee have enough skills to do the task you delegate?
If you delegate tasks to your employees you should first train their skills for these specific tasks. The team member who you assign the task to may not have enough knowledge to accomplish the task or just doesn’t know what you want to get at the end. It doesn’t mean that he or she can’t cope with your task. You just need to explain your employee what should be done and if it’s required teach him or her how it should be done. It will help you to save your time when you check completed tasks. Next time when you delegate similar task to this team member, he or she will be ready to accomplish it.
"Train the staff before delegating" To Do List
- When you are going to delegate the task think about the person who has more chances to accomplish it
- Explain your employee what you want to get when the task is completed and only after that assign the task to this person
- Determine the skills your employee lacks to do the tasks
- Train employee's skills for accomplishing this kind of tasks
- Use software to schedule your staff training
- Start your scheduler software
- Create a new task group “Employee Training”
- Make a list of tasks that will train your employee to do the things you would like to delegate